你晒伤过吗? Maybe a better question is, “Who hasn’t?”
Well, did you know that many plants get too much as well?
I recently made a house call for a client who was worried about her newly planted 柑橘树.
This particular client has a large courtyard with several new 柑橘树 in pots.
The citrus were planted in spring 和一个s summer progressed, 客户注意到她那棵桔黄色的树上的叶子开始变黄.
现在，黄色的叶子可以表明许多不同的问题. 但在这种情况下 诊断很简单 – her citrus tree has a case of sunburn.
Here are some common signs of sunburned plants:
– The areas of the leaf that are yellow are in the center 和 NOT along the tips or edges.
– Often, the yellow areas begin to turn brown.
– Signs normally occur in the summer months.
– The sunburned leaves are usually located on the south 和 west-facing parts of the plant.
– This particular citrus tree is in an area that receives reflected, afternoon sun.
So, what can you do to prevent 晒伤柑橘?
在这种情况下, 解决办法很简单——把柑橘树移到庭院的另一个下午可以遮荫的地方，就可以防止进一步的晒伤. 或者，从5月中旬到9月可以使用50%遮光布.
柑橘类 do best when planted at least 10 – 15 ft. 远离墙壁，墙壁吸收白天的热量，并将其重新辐射出去.